Ni!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

10:00 :: 1.25 miles

No run this morning. It rained most of the night and temps hovered between 30-35 degrees, so it's water on top of ice everywhere. Just like how hockey rinks are polished.

More importantly, the tendinitis in my knee is still bugging me, and it got pretty painful after the last two days of slipping around. I'm going to continue icing and try a run after work, which will give it more time to loosen up.

Knee has gotten somewhat less painful, but still hurt a bit on a test run, so I'm going to rest it until it's feeling better. Iced five times today and did some light massage.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nasty stuff, man. Weird weather for North Dakota. If the knee's bothering you that much, the timing for some rest is probably a good thing.

Have you been doing any strengthening?

Eric said...

Definitely weird, East Coast kind of weather. Usually we are under a dozen inches of snow in 20 degrees temps about now...great running weather. Not this crap.

I tried running tonight on the mill and made it about a mile before having some pain. It's gotten better throughout the day, but it's no good to run on. If it takes a couple of days I won't get too concerned. Adaptation only happens with recovery, after all.

I have been doing some light, high rep stuff. Mostly lower legs, calves, shins, and some extensions and curls. I have a list of rehab type exercises from the quad injury that I am going to add in for a few weeks before I start with any of the plyo type stuff.

If I had focused as much on my hamstrings as I have on my calves over the past several months, I'm sure I wouldn't be dealing with this right now. If it's not one thing it's another. =)

Andrew said...

You're right about the 'one thing or another'. I've gotten to the point where the threshold for actually acknowledging an 'issue' is pretty high since I have a half dozen pet niggles I'm carrying around every day. They're like little wizards, always changing shape, size, and location.

I'm beginning to think I just have loose marbles rolling around and occasionally they get lodged in a muscle or joint. Shaken loose, they just roll about until they get jammed again.