Ni!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

1:18:59 :: 12 miles

Easy run? How about the 'new' easy run? The new easy is the old moderate. Anyway, had some problems with my ankle this morning before I even started running. In a eureka moment, I realized that even the pressure of a sock across my sore ankle tendon caused pain, so after a bit of fiddling, I sliced my sock open to expose the tendon and pulled the tongue of my shoe way over to expose the area, et Voila! No pain. I wish I had figured that out yesterday.

The first two miles were full of fiddling with shoes and socks, but the last ten were good solid effort, right around 1:04:15. On the treadmill, I find the effort is harder for the time, so I'll take it. Heart rates for the first seven were 140 rising up to 150, At just after nine miles, a strange good feeling hit me and continued through the end of the run. The last five were at 153-155 HR, and 6.3 pace on the mill, equating to 6:23 pace on the watch. I was definintely tired at the end, but felt I could continue for some time longer. Good run.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad your shorts weren't causing you any pain, as applying the same "Macgyver" solution could make things get ugly in a hurry.