Ni!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

1:11:46 :: 11 miles

Moderate to hard run. Felt a bit tired heading out the door, but everything came around nicely within a half mile or so. Nine miles in 55:26, 6:10 pace, 155 average HR, then two miles on the mill at 8:00 pace to cool down. Felt good, good conditions. No problems from the shin(s) at all, which makes an amazing difference in how these runs feel. I actually do have a positive attitude when I'm not writhing in severe pain!

Pace was kind of sloppy--all over the place, but the effort felt consistent. Break it down:

6:47|140 : 6:13|150 : 6:08|152 : 6:09|156 : 5:50|158 : 5:55|162 : 6:04|161 : 6:12|160 : 6:03|163

I don't think the 5:50 is accurate, as it was on the mile with a 180 degree turn. Maybe five seconds off. Something happened around mile six. The pace slowed with no perceived change in effort, and continued dropping before heading into the last mile, which always seems faster due to the 'git done' effect. Overall this is right at 90% of goal MP (probably 98-100% of current) which is nothing more than mildly interesting. At least it isn't 80%. Then I'd be in trouble.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For feeling a little funky, it's a pretty good run. At 90% of pace, how would you gauge your effort?

Eric said...

I would say the effort felt like a nice steady run through about seven miles, then turned a bit like a tempo run. Overall, during the run I was thinking it felt like a tempo run that doesn't require concentration and doesn't hurt. I think today I could have gotten to eleven before being really ready to stop, but I was happy to be done at nine.

Long-winded, but I think that describes it pretty well.