Ni!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

1:47:53 :: 16 miles

Seppuku run. Would have killed myself at mile seven but I was too tired to pick up the knife. Only half joking. Mile one to warm up just under 8:00 pace, then down to steady 6:40s on the treadmill. Mentally quite difficult due to some lingering fatigue and from being on the treadmill. The legs felt pretty good, which is important. Stuck it out and started feeling better around mile ten. Heart rate stabilised around 148-152 at mile ten and onward. Good run, but mentally very tough.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a long way on the dreadmill. Good work.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

16 on the tread. Now there's commitment. My hat's off to you.

Eric said...

That's very kind of you guys. I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed of this, but last year during my ill-fated 'Winter of Treadmill', I did a 28 miler entirely on the mill.

Yeah. Embarrassed. That's what I thought.