Ni!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

41:16 :: 6 miles

Another horrible test run. Right out the door I knew it was going to be a bad day, but I thought I would try it anyway on the chance that I would come around after a warmup. Three mile warmup at seven minute pace, and the HR averaged in the mid-140s. Not a good sign. Breathing was heavy as well. Didn't get any better as I started the fast part. Locked in to 5:40 pace quickly, but both shins locked up within half a mile and I turned into the wind and started struggling along at 163bpm. I managed a 5:42 for mile one, and another 5:42 (167 avg HR) through a painful second mile, then called it quits a mile early, recalling the shin and quad problems following the first test run. I recovered from 169bpm to 153bpm in the first 30 seconds or so, then to 105 after about a minute. At two minutes, I was at 98bpm.

Minus the incredibly painful shin muscles, the workout would have been fine. Still, I think I was not recovered from the previous few days, if not the last week or so, of workouts. The HR at seven minute pace was a good ten beats high, especially that early in the run. I think it will end up a Good Thing that I cut this run. Something just wasn't right today.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: