Ni!

Friday, December 29, 2006

1:10:53 :: 11 miles

Legs felt pretty good. Breathing was a bit out of sync through the first few miles--breathing more than the pace should have required. HR was averaging 142-144 with pace at just under 6:30. Once I settled in to a slightly faster pace (~6:20) the breathing settled down, HR went up to 148-150, and I felt smoother.

Overall, the run was comfortable, but I thought to myself several times during the run that this effort had a fair amount of 'pressure' to it. It didn't feel easy--just beyond that, but not a challenging effort. And an hour later, I feel great. Really good run. The overall pace was right at 85% of goal MP--again, no meaning, just a comparative number.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

3 comments:

Mike said...

With the exception of not feeling great on Wednesday this looks to be a textbook week of faster daily paces, good miles and recovery. Keep this rolling through the long run Sunday, rinse, repeat.

Eric said...

rollin', rollin', rollin'...keep the mileage goin'...keep them legs a movin'...RAWHIDE!?

Ugh, that was bad. Thanks, Mike.

Andrew said...

Come,come...it all has meaning. The journey to the destination leaves a trail. Even the most meandering wandering lets you arrive somewhere.

Like Mike, I don't see any meandering. Some good miles and paces are being put into the log. Stress and relief. Repeat.

(I feel like I'm stalking Mike. I go to comment on someone's blog, and bugger if he hasn't beat me to it).