Ni!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

59:30 :: 8.5 miles

Recovery run. Felt surprisingly good today. My heart rate standing around before the run was 57, which is about five bpm off of my 'fresh' heart rate. After yesterday, I took this as a good sign. When I'm really stressed following a hard workout, my standing heart rate can get up to 62-63 bpm, so maybe yesterday didn't beat me up as much as I thought it would. Or maybe the cold bath is the bizzle dizzle.

First mile was comfortable and slow in 7:30, and it felt like the pace would stay there for the run, but by the third mile I was down in the 6:4x range at 135HR. Other than a couple of windy stetches, the pace and HR were consistent, and the legs felt really good until around seven miles. I noticed some soreness at that point, and decided to just stop at an hour. The point of the run was to assist recovery, so I didn't want to beat my legs up any further. Overall heart rate averaged 133, so it was a nice, easy run.

I jumped in to another cold bath after, which should alleviate some of the soreness, and will get some rest today. I might do an easy half hour on the bike later, just to get the blood flowing. Good day!

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: