Ni!

Monday, April 09, 2007

1:30:32 :: 13 miles

Easy run. Ten miles outside at 6:35-6:45 pace, 135-140HR, then three miles on the treadmill in about 23 minutes. Legs felt good, stride was smooth. Ready for a workout tomorrow.

Quick perosnal note. I haven't been as responsive to e-mails or comments as I would normally--sorry for that. The relationships I've built through this blog have contributed greatly to my improvement, so I like to keep my readers happy! I recently got a new job, which I'll be starting next week, so I have been busy tying up loose ends with my current employer and getting ready to move on. All this change leaves less time for blogging, but things should settle down again in a couple of weeks and get back to normal.

Also, a quick gadget announcement--Luddites, avert your eyes. I'm getting a Garmin Forerunner 305 today, replacing the flaky 301 unit. I'm expecting better, more consistent performance out of the GPS as well as the heart rate monitor. We'll see. Reviews have been excellent over the course of the year it has been available. Finally, I'm experimenting with live GPS via cellphone, and I hope to have it working for the half marathon in a couple of weeks. All of the information is there to provide live pace and distance updates to a Google map, but the programming has to be worked out, which will be a bit of a challenge for me. If I can make it work and make the cellphone a seamless part of my race gear, it could even be online for Fargo. One step at a time, though...
Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Rig that thing up with headphones for the race, and I'll call you mid-race with motivational taunting!

Eric said...

I'm going to leave the headset off so I'm not tempted to order a pizza at any time during the race.

"Is this for pick-up or delivery?"

"Both. Deliver it to the corner of 20th and Washington in 42 minutes and I'll pick it up. Don't be late."

Mike said...

You are officially more machine than man. Eric v.3.05, I love it!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Well, hope all goes well with the new position. As someone who has cycled through three jobs, three houses, and two states in the last three years, I know how it can effect blogging and such.

At least it doesn't appear to be getting in the way of running.