Ni!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

40:05 :: 8 miles

Okay, so this totally didn't work, although it should have. My wife was able to post to her blog via the cell modem, but I couldn't. Go figure. Anyway, here is what I tried to post on Thursday, while driving down the highway.

------------------------------------

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US! I figured out a way to use my GPS tracking phone as a modem for my laptop, so I am more mobile than EVAR! I'm actually driving, er, my wife is driving, down the interstate right now with a 19.2kbps connection to the series of tubes that make up what the kids call the intern-net. It takes a good bit longer to get a webpage loaded, but hey, I can't complain.

Props to NEXTEL/Boost Mobile for opening up their packet cellular networks for dial-up. Those money-grubbing bastards at Verizon, et al., can SUCK IT.

Okay, this is a running blog, not a geek manifesto...

I wanted to get a workout in on the lighter side of moderate effort today, because I know it will leave me feeling flat if I run easy for three straight days before the race. I also wanted to get a few more quicker miles on my racing shoes, just to get the calves adapted a bit more. I ended up doing a 2-2-2-2, that is, 2 miles at 6:45, 6:15, 5:50, 6:15. Everything felt good, and I should be ready to go.

Once again, you can follow the race live, starting at 9:00am Central Time (US) on http://gps.runnorth.com/bigmap.php, and I will post a quick place and time to the blog a short time, maybe as soon as half an hour (we'll see), after finishing. This will be really, really geeky, and really fun.

By the way, if you are a total technology dork like me, you might enjoy checking the website right now and watching our van go flying down the highway. Cheers!

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: