Ni!

Saturday, November 18, 2006

52:12 :: 8 miles

Moderate 'oreo' run...good stuff in the middle. One mile warmup, then 6:24, 6:01, 5:52, 5:58. Left shin locked up through a portion of the third faster mile. Not cool. Three miles easy to finish. Left achilles was perfect. Iced it four times yesterday, which seems to have worked really well. Left quad is feeling strange. Good during the run, but sore after. Icing and stretching should bring it around.

Overall, didn't feel good today. Whatever fitness I had that allowed me to run easy at six-minute pace is gone.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Don't worry about that conditioning. You know it comes back with a little stimulus. It isn't like the blood vessels disappeared.

Thanks for the Kimbia link on your comment re: preventing injuries. Good advice and it got me thinking of the need for more icing and hot baths.

Eric said...

True, true...I have moments of weakness where I complain about the fitness I wish I still had. Or I have moments of clarity where I stop complaining and do something constructive. I forget which...

I was surprised to learn that icing and physio are a daily occurence for the elite. I guess I shouldn't have been. I just assumed they didn't get hurt.