Ni!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

1:57:53 :: 18 miles

Steady pace longer run. This one was a little bit challenging from a mental perspective. I think some general fatigue may have set in, as it required a fair bit of focus to stay on pace. Lungs and legs felt strong, with heart rates in the 145-150 range for the first 14 miles or so, picking up to 155-160 for the last four (at nearly the same pace). Finished feeling more than pleasantly tired, but still not depleted. Average pace of 6:33, with a final two miles of 6:19 and 6:14. Average HR of 149. Good run overall. Looking forward to a recovery run tomorrow. Did my recovery drink, ten minute cooldown spin on the bike, stretching, and quick self-massage in the shower. Not that kind of quick self-massage. Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the lack of any commentary on your leg problems in the last several postings, is it fair to say that your injuries are just a memory?

If you, you can probably handle the incorporation of some different activities, such as plyometrics, aerobic hill running (if you can find them), etc. without significant risk.

Lawrence said...

You're bouncing back from your injury in no time. The miles your doing is impressive to me, and the clarification on the massage was appreciated ; ) lol

Eric said...

That would be fair to say. Although I am still taking one day off every 7-10 days and just cycling easy for 30 minutes or so. I haven't had any tweaks or pains of any significance for several weeks, so I am nearly ready for some of the strength work I promised myself I would do on the next go around.

It seems to me that it has been a long time coming back, but I guess it has been pretty quick. Thanks for pointing that out. I think my perspective on the whole recovery gets a bit skewed by my eagerness to get back to full speed and big miles. Best to take it easy. I have plenty of time.

MB said...

Eric, FB is on the mark as I have been there and done that also.
I posted my Speed -Strength w\o yesterday if you care to check it out.

You are doing great, easy does it and you will be rockin' your next race!