Ni!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

2:25:54 :: 22 miles

Strong pace long run. It worked well last week to break up the long run into different paces, so I did it again this week. The first mile was a leisurely 7:40, then the next eight were in the 6:50 to 7:05 range. I found a nice 1.5 mile dirt road close to home that I did several out and back stretches on to get to 10 miles. Felt okay, but a bit out of sorts. Miles 10 to 14 were 6:30-6:40 pace. This is also where I took in a half-liter of GEF. From 15 on, I decided I was feeling good, and would go strong for as long as it felt comfortable. Splits from that stretch were 6:03, 6:18, 6:16, 6:24, 6:18, 6:13, 6:06, and 6:01.

No heart rate info from this run. Apparently the battery died. The strong section felt similar to the stronger paced run I do during the week, and the last two miles felt about like a tempo effort, maybe a touch easier. I finished feeling tired, but not depleted.

Several hours later, the legs feel good, no cramping or soreness anywhere. Good run.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Atta boy. Nice week Eric. When your 22 milers at a quick pace are "day at the office" this early I shudder think of what your endurance and stamina will be like come the Fargo marathon. You're doing the right stuff at the right time man.