Ni!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

2:10:50 :: 20 miles

Long steady run. Felt good right out of the chute, so I went with it. Started with a 7:15, then 6:40 pace through the next several miles. Felt the zip go out of the legs around mile 13. I changed my pattern of taking GEF at one hour in, and intstead took it at about 1.5 hours. I could tell the difference in the last six miles or so. Felt sluggish and my breathing changed to a near tempo run pattern even though my HR stayed steady around 155. Just different with a different fueling pattern. Ran just under 6:20 pace for miles 5, 10, 12, 17, and 20, otherwise in the 6:25-6:35 range. Avg HR 149, 6:32 pace overall. 143lb post-run weight.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice run Eric, but 20 freaking degrees??? I won't tell you what it's like here. Running a long one like this at such a strong pace the same week you added all the doubles is remarkable, as my legs always feel dead when I add more than two doubles a week. Good week for you.

I see you are eating crackers these days. I like crackers too. Perhaps I will add a cracker count below my posts as well. Sorry, I'm a bit slap-happy.