Ni!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

1:19:23 :: 12 miles

Steady run. First few miles slower to warm up the niggles, then started to gradually drop the pace. Legs felt a bit heavy until about mile six or seven, then everything felt good for the balance of the run. Last four miles in 6:15(151), 6:16(152), 6:10(153), 5:49(161) average HR in parentheses. Avg HR for the run was 145. Good run.

There was a nice 1.5 mile dirt road left over from the flood protection project that I made a regular part of my runs, helping to keep the wear and tear on my legs reasonable. This morning I found out the hard way that the entire road was tilled up and seeded with grass. Fortunately, I didn't break an ankle.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Try a pair of windbriefs to warm up the niggles next time. Man, you're obsessed with them. I might just start calling you Sigmund Freud from now on.

Nice fast finish.

Eric said...

Beans and franks, beans and franks! I actually just bought a pair of Asics windbriefs, and man are they nice. I'll spare you the explanation of why.

Sigmund or Topper? Choices, choices...

By the way, I KNOW WHO THE MYSTERY COACH IS! I KNOW WHO THE MYSTERY COACH IS! It's either Lorraine Moller, Nobuya "Nobby" Hashizume, Glenn McCarthy, Mark Wetmore, Jack T. Daniels, HADD, John Kellogg, Pete Pfitzinger, or Carlton Fisk, the catcher from the '86 Mets. Or Burt Blyleven, because it is a mystery to me why he swore on the radio this summer. I'm pretty sure I'm right. Just so you know.

Patrick said...

Bert swore on TV this summer not the radio,just to clarify. I like the idea of doubles. Wind briefs keep my frank and beans warm in the winter. Don't get injured in the cold, the chances increases tenfold!

JC

Eric said...

I thought it was radio, because nobody under the age of 70 watches the Twins on TV. Anyway, I don't feel so bad being corrected by Jesus.