Ni!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

24:51 :: 3 miles

The first, of what I hope will be many, second runs of the day. The plan is to do 3-5 miles at about 8:00 pace five to six times a week in addition to the core mileage. Average HR of 126 for the run. The idea is blood flow, time on feet, and recovery enhancement, so the heart rate should stay below 130, but probably over 120.

Good run. Actually relaxing as well as energizing. Usually I go back to work feeling kind of lethargic, so this may provide a nice boost there as well.

3 comments:

MB said...

I like the idea of doubles. My PR year I ran 33 of them in sixteen weeks.

Andrew said...

I'd love to do doubles, but I'm just not there yet. I had to give them up recently as they were interfering with my ability to recover from the last marathon. I'll be adding them back at some point.

Mike said...

Jeez, I just eat an apple when I'm lethargic at work. I've clearly been doing things wrong. We've discussed this (the second run not the apple) and I couldn't be in more agreement with you here.