Ni!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

2:20:01 :: 20 miles

Long run. Went easy pretty much the whole way. Wind and cold again today (10 degrees and 15 mph wind) really put me off. Feeling really uncomfortable, wet, and cold so I came indoors at 12 miles and finished on the treadmill. Tried to increase the pace, but it just wasn't there today. First poor long run in quite a few weeks, so I'm just going to look past it, and have a good week. The leg and calves are feeling better, so onward and upward.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

4 comments:

MB said...

I feel for you having to battle such cold weather. You must wear special gear to keep from frostbite.

Eric said...

Frostbite isn't too much of a concern until the temps drop down another 25-30 degrees--as long as you keep moving! I do wear some special stuff, though. Most of the 'cold-weather' gear that companies sell is made for comfort in 30 degree temps, so it's been a lifelong struggle to find gear for actual cold weather.

I'll do a post on the blog about my kit. I've picked up some cool stuff.

Mike said...

I feel for you too Eric, I actually had to think about wearing long sleeves today. The things we suffer through.

Seriously, I think it's the wind that would drive me nuts on those longer runs. It's good you were able to finish it off today, even if it had to be on the treadmill.

Eric said...

I can generally deal with the wind, but combined with 10 degree cold (and colder), with the wrong gear you will very quickly get uncomfortably wet and cold. Getting soaked with sweat in cold, windy conditions will end a good run.

I pussed out on this run. First time in a while, but it does happen. I'm not quite a machine yet...