Ni!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

2:34:22 :: 24 miles

I frickin' pwned this run. That's not a typo. I pwned it.

6:25 pace overall, pretty much even pace except for the first (6:53) and last (6:08) miles. Heart rate in the low to mid 140s until 21 miles, where it went to 150, 153, 154, and 156 at mile 24. 145 average for the run.

The exciting thing about this run is I was never pushing the pace. It was just easy the whole way. I dropped the pace a little bit starting at 18 and through the finish, but never felt stressed or tired, even over the last mile, and this is AFTER a strong 10 miler.

Check my CoCo Wheats for stanozolol.

I definitely could have continued on for another couple of miles. 24 is already pushing it, though, as the muscle damage accumulates quickly for me after about 22-23 and the aerobic benefits are marginal. Last week with 22.5 I got mildly sore legs for a couple of days. So far today it looks like I might get the same with 24. Great run.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

4 comments:

Abadabajev said...

Went for an easy four miler later in the day just because I could and I felt like it. Wish I could get these in more often.

Yep, the secret ingredient.

24 miles in 2:34 ? WOW

You're peaking too early LOL

Your easy running on Thursday at 7:07 pace still too fast but that's just me. I know. I nag.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Very impressive.

How many of these do you plan before Fargo?

Eric said...

What about the four miler at 8:00 pace?! That was just for you, you know. =)

I'm definitely not peaking, but I am seeing the difference some mild hill work and strides can make in a short time.

Marc, I'm not sure how many more times I will go past 22 miles. Today I was just feeling like it was the right thing to do. But I would expect to do 20-22 miles around this average HR/effort for 12 of the 16 remaining weeks.

Thanks for the kind words.

Dallen said...

Very nice run! I agree that you shouldn't pass 22 miles very often, but the occasional run like this will really build confidence.