Ni!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

1:08:44 :: 11 miles

Another good one. Legs felt *great* this morning, so I think I have my post-long run routine down cold now. First mile in 6:52, cold and into a decent wind, but traction was pretty good. One of the sidewalks was cleared for nearly three miles(!) which is pretty amazing for this town. Held between 6:11-6:17 for the second through seventh mile, depending on the wind. HR average was between 147 and 158, again depending on the wind. Miles eight through 9.35 were with the wind at 6:06 pace and 155 HR average. I needed to be home at 5:30, so I had to quick jump on the treadmill to finish the additional 1.65 miles, which took about two minutes, but I was able to finish that with the last two miles in 12:14 and 154 average HR. Perfect.

Ten miles in 1:01:52, 153 average HR. Felt really good, no problems with hamstrings or shins locking up, which surprised me. Recovered to 120 HR in 1:40, which seemed a little slow. Overall I feel really good an hour following the workout.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

3 comments:

MB said...

Eric, Great way to start the New Year!

Michael said...

Very consistent with the training, it’ll bode very well come race day. Why the Fargo Marathon?

Eric said...

Thanks guys. Fargo is just up the road, and it's going to be stacked this year. Should be around 7-8000 runners and maybe 10 guys under 2:30 if recruiting goes well. I know there are at least two already. Also, it's very flat and fast. Weather has been a factor in the past, but that can happen anywhere.