Ni!

Saturday, August 04, 2007

5K Race :: DNF

Really I just didn't feel good today, and the numbers during the race backed it up, so I dropped. I've got races that I'm much more concerned with performing well in on the way, so stopping was the right thing to do. Not sure what the cause was. I felt sluggish at the start, but usually that lifts right away. Today my kilometer splits just stacked up, 3:05, 3:14, 3:24 while my heart rate averaged very close to my max. Something just wasn't there today.

Have a good weekend, everyone. Time for a beer and some work around the house. Cheers!

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

Yeah, some days are better than others. This definitely wasn't yours by the look of those numbers. The beauty of racing is there's always another one.

Enjoy the beer.

Thomas said...

That doesn't sound like you. I hope it's really just a on-off day.