Ni!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

51:12 :: 8 miles (2 mi TT)

Two mile time trial with warm up and cool down. Mystery Coach wanted me to run a two mile effort as evenly as possible, while staying relaxed and controlled, with the suggestion that if, at the end of the two miles, I was asked to run another half mile, I could do it at the same pace (without crying, begging to stop, collapsing in dread, etc.).

It went very well. Going out the door, I decided to see how I was feeling after a 20 minute warmup, and decide at that point if I was going to do it today or wait until tomorrow. I was getting out a bit earlier than usual (3:45), so I didn't know if I would be 'awake' to the effort, but it ended up being fine.

5:03.4(164) | 5:02.9(171)

Started off a bit fast, at 4:45 pace for the first 300m or so, then gradually settled in, which is probably why the first mile felt really easy compared to the second. The second mile felt equal to the first until about 1000m in (1.7mi), where it started to feel challenging, but all I had to do was maintain to the finish, so it was fine.

Time to go! Later...

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: