Ni!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

1:05:00 :: 10 miles

Evaluation run. Fifty-six degrees with torrential rain, wind, and lightning. I almost had fun this morning. At points, I was at risk of enjoying myself. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. Three mile warmup in 19:53, about a minute faster than the workout I was trying to replicate. The wind and temperature were better than the March 19 workout today, but conditions overall were just as miserable.

That said, I frickin' pwned Mother Nature this morning. You could spend a lot of time bitching about the weather around here, and at the end of the day, it won't change a thing. Get out the door and own it.

I'm going to read that in a year (or tomorrow) and think, 'Man, you are a tool'. Right now it sounds good though. I'm going with it.

Anyway, I did a four mile evaluation, trying to hit 5:42-5:43 for each, to check the HR and general reaction to my marathon pace of several weeks ago. Here's the breakdown:

6/07: 5:43(158) | 5:43(161) | 5:41(165) | 5:39(167) | 120(:57) | 110(1:16)
3/19: 5:48(157) | 5:44(158) | 5:42(161) | 5:38(163) | 120(1:02) | 110(1:19)

The last mile the lightning was getting pretty bad (and very close based on the noise), so I think I must have subconsciously sped up. Other than the first mile, this ended up making the eval compare pretty well to the March 19 eval. Heart rates were up, but the recovery was slightly better, which was good to see. The legs felt good--no rigging up or tiredness. I think the best way to describe the reaction is, it felt just like the last four miles of this long run, except slower. Breathing was like the last few miles of that run, a bit too heavy for the pace. I would expect my legs to be burning with vents that high, but they felt very comfortable. Finished with a three mile jog on the treadmill in 22:30.

Good run overall. It felt good to put out some effort again after several weeks of easy running and days off.


Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

1 comment:

Mike said...

You're running again? I thought this marathon thing was a just a phase and you just needed to get it out of your system.

Seriously though, nice job today. I bet just touching these paces again will bring the legs back to feeling a little more snappy fairly quickly. I'm also glad to not be reading about any leg pain.