Ni!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

42:00 :: 6+ miles

Easy run with hard mile. Went out in the clear and ended up running hard to get back to the house and out of a lightning storm. I was not feeling great after two nights of terrible sleep, it was 76 degrees and 80% humidity already, and I was not in the mood for a run. Just over a mile from home, the sky started dumping rain, and lightning started flashing a lot closer than I cared to be exposed to, so I picked up the pace and high-tailed it home in 4:55. It ended up being my first sub-5 mile since 1999. I remember thinking way back in 1999 that I wanted to stay in good enough condition to be able to run a sub-5 mile at least once a year. Ah, to be young and naive again.

The hard mile ended up being the kick start I think I needed after a couple of days of blah running. Recovered to 120 in 1:06 and 110 in 1:28 from a maxHR of 177. Legs felt really good the rest of the day after this, so the low overall volume and the hard effort seemed to do me some good.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: