Ni!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

1:21:44 :: 12 miles

Easy run. Ran almost entirely on the golf course this morning, just to get a bit less stress on the legs. I have been having some goofy little sore spots all over my legs the last week or so, as well as the muscle spasms I mentioned yesterday. It can't hurt to get off the roads a couple of times a week, and there are a few rolling hills, which is a nice change. Nearly as boring as a treadmill, though, for some reason. Running up and down the same six fairways on a golf course is almost as boring as walking up and down them with clubs, hitting a ball.

Standing around heart rate of 49, so I don't think I overdid anything yesterday, even though I could have felt better. I didn't mention my resting heart rate yesterday morning was 37, which I believe equals the lowest I've ever recorded. If that happened in a hospital, the docs would probably think something was wrong and shoot you up with something to get you going again. Anyway, legs felt good today. Started around 7:00 pace and got down into the 6:30s by the end. Average HR 137. Good run.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

6 comments:

afuntanilla said...

do you do all your runs in the AM?

Eric said...

Yes. I am out the door between 4-4:30 each morning, depending on how much time I need to complete the workout. That is how my wife and I can get our training done without taking time away from the kids and the rest of life (work, sleep, etc.)

Chad said...

I was wondering, what's with all the mystery surrounding "Mystery Coach"? If he's helping studs like you and Mike, doesn't he want people to know who he is?

Anonymous said...

I've never really asked why. He has an e-mail address posted on his blogger profile. I suppose you could ask him.

How about an interview? =)

I'll demur on the 'stud' reference. Nice of you to say, though.

afuntanilla said...

holy cow! I am amazed at your schedule!! TRULY

Eric said...

It's no big deal if you go to sleep before 8pm every night. =)