Ni!

Friday, June 15, 2007

1:15:32 :: 12.25 miles (with 7@5:41)

MP run. Everything was feeling good, so I had a seven mile MP run at 5:45 pace to do. The conditions were relatively tough, although 65F and breezy sounds beautiful, with 98 percent humidity, it starts to take something out of you. It's a very strange feeling to get cold from the breeze, but feel like you're breathing in toothpaste at the same time. As Fatboy would say, Mmmmm...minty.

5:47(151) | 5:47(156) | 5:42(159) | 5:42(161) | 5:39(162) | 5:38(162) | 5:41(164)

Couldn't find a happy medium during the run. Felt sluggish the first two miles, so I tried to snap out of that a bit, was holding fine at 5:42, but then the effort got out of control. I felt out of sync slowing down, and felt the effort was too much holding pace, so other than just stopping and taking a 30 second walk, I couldn't think of what to do. My body let me know what it thought of the effort during the last half-mile, as I started to feel the wave of fatigue that is usually reserved for day two of the back-to-back. I actually found myself missing my winter weather today, which is completely nuts. Two plus mile cooldown to finish.

Did the full recovery routine after this one--cold bath and chocolate milk. I probably overcooked this workout a tiny bit, but not too terribly bad. I'm very happy with where things are at less than one month post-marathon--I can afford to be a bit more conservative on the efforts right now in order to make sure I'm recovered. It's a long summer.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: