Ni!

Saturday, June 16, 2007

1:30:31 :: 14 miles

Easy run. Well, maybe easy *plus*. I did a bit more than half the run at 145HR, and bookended with some easier miles. Mystery Coach indicated that the 160+ heart rates during yesterday's MP miles put me on the edge of my recovery ability, and with races coming up, I'll get plenty of opportunities to extend myself without creating any in training. Ninety minutes was on tap today. No long run for this week.

Most of my runs leading up to this have been in the sub-140 average HR range, which I usually call easy, or even recovery pace, so I was a little bit anxious to see what had happened to the 140-145 range since the marathon. One of the things that keeps me motivated, and something that I have always loved about running, is gaining a great depth of knowledge about my body's abilities, feelings, sensations, reactions, etc. It's just amazing to me to know what I can do, and what I will be able to do in a narrow range of effort. Anyway, I digress...

So what appears to have happened is, my pace in that range has improved from 6:25 or so to about 6:20, but it seems that I can't hold that pace (without stacking the HR) as long as I could during the marathon build up. Probably a bit of aerobic erosion following the marathon taper. Overall, I averaged 141HR with eight miles in the middle at 144 avgHR.

Anyway, the run went well, and I should recover nicely from the last two days with an easy run tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend!

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: