Ni!

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

1:25:00 :: 12 miles

Easy run. Absolutely brutal. Conditions were very poor ater six inches of snow last night and a huge cold front that dropped temps from the low 30s to -10F overnight. The running was fantastic--legs felt great, HR was low--but I was so cold. My hands and forearms were nearly numb. This, even with an extra jacket on top. I must just need to build up the tolerance again.

Good run, looking forward to a long run tomorrow.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you run on campus this morning?

Eric said...

Yeah. Loops.

Anonymous said...

Did you see your name in front of the parking ramp? I did that route last night and I figured you would be doing that route today being it was so cold so I wrote your name in the snow last night on my run.

Eric said...

Ha! That's funny. No, I didn't see it--the plows and sweepers were out already by the time I got to campus, so it was gone.

I was probably too cold to notice anyway!

Michael said...

I’ll stop complaining, somehow -1C doesn’t seem so bad (and it never stays long). I suppose you’ll be back on the mill soon?

Eric said...

Nope. I very rarely run on the treadmill anymore. I draw the line around -25F on a calm day, or 'warmer' if it's really windy.

Just like anything, it's mind over matter...if you don't mind, it don't matter. =)