Ni!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

1:00:00 :: 8.5 miles

Easy run. Would have gone longer, but I needed to be back in the house by 6:00, and I squandered the hours from 3:00 to 5:00 on tea and reading. Definitely a lack of mental energy today in contrast with the excess physical energy and good feeling legs. Cold temps again today (-5F) and willing myself through 2+ hours of slow, poor-traction running yesterday found me needing a mental recovery day. Disappointed in myself to have blown the opportunity to get another 30 minutes in this morning, though I have to remind myself it is a long road to travel yet...
Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

8 comments:

Thomas said...

I'm very impressed by your recent mileage, Eric, especially in those conditions.

I've got one question, just out of curiosity. How many miles are you planning to put on each of those minimalistic shoes that you're wearing?

Eric said...

Thanks, Thomas. I've been impressed by your training as of late, as well. I would hasten to add that your current 'conditions' are much more challenging! I remember those days, too...

I'm thinking I can get about 400 miles from each pair, especially with the additional cushioning from the snow cover and traction aids. We'll see. My calves and knees are pretty sensitive to the need for new shoes now, so I'm sure I will be able to tell when it's time. So far, 230+ miles on the first pair and all is well.

Gregg said...

Nice Training!
I got linked to your blog from Patricks...I am glad I did. I need some serious motivation lately and I realize you are contending with very similar weather patterns lately.(it's time for me to stop be such a wimp and get going) Living in the North has it drawbacks when you are a marathoner but I guess it is how we react will determine our success in June. Best of Luck this winter.
Gregg

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

"...I squandered the hours from 3:00 to 5:00 on tea and reading."

I thought I had inadvertantly stumbled onto Andrew's blog.

Ahh...another four (five?) months of ice, slush, and snow.

Mike said...

Where is Eric?? Merry Christmas, wherever you are.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

come back eric. happy christmas and good running in the nrw year

Anonymous said...

come back eric we miss ya

Anonymous said...

HI ERIC,
ARE YOU IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EPIC 3000 MILE RUN ACROSS AMERICA WHICH YOU STARTED ON THE 26 th OF NOVEMBER ? OR HAS YOUR COMPUTER GOT A WINTER VIRUS ?
OR HAVE YOU WORN OUT ALL YOUR RUNNING SHOES AND WAITING FOR ME TO GIVE YOU A NEW PAIR FOR CHRISTMAS ?