Ni!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

41:12 :: 5.5 miles (3x800)

Sharp speed workout. 3x800 hard with 1:30 recovery. Definitely more mentally challenging than physically. The anticipation was the hardest part!

I did my 1200m loop, starting and ending at the same point with a 100m jog back to the start. The GPS showed 811m, 812m, 821m for the three reps, so I must have been running wide of what I laid out. Time isn't really relevant, though it is a nice bit of mental candy floss.

2:16.90(165), 2:19.23(171), 2:19.22(171)

I definitely charged in, head first. I was relieved that I had gotten under 2:20, which relaxed me a lot (rather than freaking out about going too fast). The first was the easiest of the three, then the second and third were very tough--very strong, deep vents, constantly fighting to relax, trying not to allow the rigging up to pull the form apart. The only difference between the last two was that I was able to change gears in the last 150 on the third one.

I'm sure I have run that hard before, but I don't remember it. Today was something else. Excellent workout!

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: