Ni!

Thursday, July 05, 2007

1:05:44 :: 9+ miles

Recovery run. Standing around HR was 55, and the legs felt great. Still, grabbed the iPod and went for a slow run. Averaged 126HR and 7:12 pace, and felt pretty good doing it.

I realized this morning that yesterday's race was better than I gave it credit. I was able to put down a very strong first half, and during the second half of the race, I was able to put in a couple of effective surges. I'm happy I was able to use that tactic without falling apart. I ended up 11 seconds behind a guy that ran 31:20 just this past May, and we were exchanging the lead off and on through 85% of the race.

That was only my second race since the marathon, and it's quite a different animal. It took me a long time to deal with marathon type pain for long periods of time, and now I need to get back to dealing with a marathon's worth of pain in a much shorter race.
Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

No comments: