Ni!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'll Be Here All Week, Folks...



The weather has been like this for four or five days now, long enough for me to get excited about running in -20F weather again. I honestly do like the cold much better. At least I can dress for it.

Once the dew point gets to 70F, the air temperature really doesn't matter anymore because the sweat can't evaporate very efficiently. It's really more like basting. This morning and yesterday morning temps were already in the mid-70s with a 70F+ dewpoint. Hostile. Fortunately, this only tends to happen for a couple of weeks each summer before fading to run of the mill warm and humid days. Fun.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

5 comments:

jpete said...

How many miles are you averaging a week?

Mike said...

Jeez, it's like you're in Tucson or something. How's the back?

teacherwoman said...

It's amazing how some people think that it doesn't get hot here in ND!

GF, huh? I lived there for 8 years and just recently moved!

teacherwoman said...

I have moved away from GF... but now am in Fargo... so not too far! Hehehe

Eric said...

Jpete, sorry it took so long to reply. I'm probably in the 60-70 range right now. Very focused on easy aerobic runs and speed for the time being.

Mike, every day is like constantly being stabbed with a shorter and shorter knife. It is getting better, but still not great. Whatever I had before, I got it in spades this time.