Ni!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

1:06:18 :: 10 miles + speed

Easy running with speed. Breezy and 30F. Calves feeling better today, overall still feeling a bit of fatigue, although the legs seem responsive. Had the best speed reps today of all that I have done so far. Except for the .45mi, er, make that .40mi at the start. Shut it down early because the lactate was boiling over. Just didn't feel good. Started off feeling good through 300m or so in 4:40 pace, then gradually deteriorated to 4:50 pace over the next 200. Realized I needed to stop short of my normal .45 at .35, and stopped at .40. Clear as mud.

Anyway, the 400 was very different. Felt smooth, strong, relaxed, and much more like I was striding rather than sprinting, which is how the 400 usually feels. Ended up in 68-69. Went into it thinking I would see a 73-74 based on the way I felt on the ~650.

The 2x200+ was more of the same, with the second feeling better than first. Strong and relaxed, each at 4:35 pace.

The miles in between reps were around 6:40 pace, 140-143 HR. Workout felt good overall. The speedy stuff seemed to wake me up from the sense of fatigue I seem to have going on since the recovery run on Sunday. Most likely that is from the back to back runs, but I have noticed in the past that I generally feel like crap after a serious recovery run, and that ten was seriously slow.
Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

2 comments:

Mike said...

Sounds like this run put you back on track. The Monday run sounded a bit difficult after the Friday/Saturday efforts too, so as long as the calves hold up and you feel ready by this weekend to go at it again I wouldn't worry. Nice week so far if 68's are already feeling good.

Eric said...

Monday's eval was a lot harder than the previous week, for sure. This coming Monday, I expect to see some improvement, as I will have an MP run tomorrow and a regular 20 miler (no MP) on Saturday.