Ni!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

1:04:23 :: 10 miles + speed

A little bit faster on the speed and the running in between today. Twenty-two degrees with a 20+ mph south wind, so I did a two mile, mostly east-west loop to try to minimize my exposure. It worked pretty well, though parts of the faster runs were done with the wind, affecting the times by a second or two.

Two and a half miles to warm up in 16:51, then I did a full 800 in 2:23, feeling smooth until about 600, when my lower legs started to feel the 'locking up' sensation. That went away quickly, which was good. Recovery took around five minutes. Two more miles in 13:07, then 400 in 1:10. Felt smooth for the first half, and then the lock-up happened again. Recovered much more quickly from this one, maybe two minutes, and ran two miles in 13:11. Two times 200+ to finish, :41 and :38, around 4:40 pace, with one minute between. Both were relatively smooth, no problems with the shins. Recovered very quickly from these, and finished with 2.3 miles in 15:15.

Each day, the same effort gets a touch faster, and today I felt much more comfortable dropping in to a 6:35-6:40 pace after the pick-ups than I have since I started adding them to my runs. Good run.
Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad the weather (sort of) cooperated with you on this one. Looks like the speed is coming quickly, though I can't quite figure out what you mean by the legs locking up. Is that a breakdancing thing?