Ni!

Friday, October 26, 2007

Marathon Challenge Starting Oct. 30!

A few weeks back, I was asked to mention this NOVA program on my blog. So, here it is, in the nick of time! I'll keep this sticky for a few days so you all remember to tune in!

Just a reminder that NOVA's "Marathon Challenge" will be premiering this Tuesday, October 30, at 8PM ET/PT on PBS. You can check your local listings to confirm when it will be broadcast near you.

Here's the scoop on the show: Six months ago, a team of rookies stepped to the starting line of the Boston Marathon. As members of Team NOVA, they were part of an experiment: a test to see what it takes to mold a batch of non-runners into a team of marathoners. Tune in Tuesdsay to find out how this diverse group of hopeful novices transformed physically and mentally to meet the challenge.

While you're waiting, why not click over to the Marathon Challenge Web site, where you can meet Team NOVA and its coaching group, get training tips, and explore the physiology of fitness.

8 comments:

RICK'S RUNNING said...

FIND YOUR NEW BLOG LAYOUT MUCH MORE EASY TO READ,NOW YOU GOT RID OF THE BLACK.

Eric said...

Yeah, I thought so, too. Also getting rid of the angry picture of me staring back at the reader seems to make everyone more comfortable. haha

Thanks for the comment. Nice work on the 10k, by the way! Keep at it, there are years of improvements ahead.

Lawrence said...

I concur. I like the site's new look.

Thomas said...

Woah. I thought I was on the wrong site.

I liked the angry staring picture, though. Kind of psycho. Ah well.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

yeah,the new blog layout is much warmer and more inviting.there was something GOTHIC going on before!!!
my LYDIARD training is going very well and am very excited about my running again.who would have thought an old dog like me could run a 35min 10k again!!!
thanks to you and mike for inspiring me through your blogs.
nice work keep it up.
Rick

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Nice new look, although I was a little frightened and confused until I realized it was really you in those new duds.

Like Thomas, I rather liked the 'angry' look on the old one, though I read it more as intensity than anger.

Anyway, nice to see the refreshed site. Just like underwear, you have to change your site every once in a while to keep it fresh.

afuntanilla said...

i have to say though i like the new look, i liked the old site better. just saying.

you continue to inspire....

Eric said...

I guess I misunderestimated my audience's tolerance for pictures of staring, orange runners!

Almost from the day I put it up, I've wanted to take Mr. Staresalot down. I felt it was a bit cocky, although it did capture the intensity that I felt I was putting into my training at the time.

Anyway, I'm changing some things around, just trying to keep the blog fresh, keeping myself interested as much as any of my readers.

I appreciate the feedback. Let me know if there's anything you would like to see on the blog, and I'll try to work it in. Cheers!