Ni!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

54:34 :: 8 miles

Easy run, mixed pace. Very windy, so speed was all over the place. Finally determined that the high HR problem must be a low battery in the strap, because it happens on every run now, and has gone as high as 232. Hmm. But it goes away after about .5 to 1 mile, with the rest of the results being consistent and accurate. Weird.

Anyway, here's the breakdown:

7:26(128) | 7:09(130) | 7:11(131)
6:57(135) | 6:20(138) | 6:33(136)
6:33(137) | 6:25(140)

FYI, I'm not going to start recording this in depth on every run. I am doing this for this week to get a read on some different HR ranges and paces. I also want to compare this week to a few weeks back--the one where I went overboard on moderate runs following the Beardsley 1/2 marathon (specifically, the moderate ten miler, followed by the evaluation run, followed by a 2-hour run at 6:41 pace...oops). I am doing some moderate range work this week following the 15k, but dialing back to what I hope is a more 'recoverable' level. We'll see.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a low battery. I had the same thing - high readings for 1 - 2k, then accurate.

Eric said...

Cool. Thanks for the info, anonymous...if that's your *real* name!

DUN DUN DAAA...