Ni!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1:07:00 :: 10 miles

Easy run. I was looking for a Pina Colada halfway through the run--it was +8F! More than a 25 degree difference from Saturday. The cold is coming back, though, with more of that godforsaken Canadian air already on the way.

Home with sick kids today, so I considered a second run, but with 90+ miles in the last seven days and a medium-long run tomorrow, I don't want to push, even if it was just an easy 30-45 minutes. With all the coughing, puking, and everything going on in the house the last week, it's better to stay well within my limits and keep healthy.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Sounds somewhat familiar, we've had coughing and puking too - me doing the coughing, Shea doing the puking.

And it's 8 degrees here too, but C instead of F, and with that f***ing rain which hasn't stopped for weeks, and which I'm blaming for my enforced rest (apart from myself).

I think I'm leaning more and more towards clinical depression. Can't stop whining, not even on someone else's blog.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Those damn Canadians! I say we build a big ol' wall to keep their cold air up there.

Maybe we could get Bush on it right away as a matter of National Security. Hey, we could have illegal aliens from Mexico build the damn thing! We wouldn't spend a single taxpayer dollar on labor and it would give them some good experience for when Bush and company have them build the wall on our southern border before hurling them all back over it to Mexico.

Of course he'll keep a few to do some landscaping on his Crawford Ranch.