Ni!

Sunday, May 06, 2007

57:24 :: 8 miles

Recovery run. Eight is the new ten. Standing around HR of 57, typical of the day following a back to back set. Temp was nice at 59F(15C), but 30mph(13m/s) winds were tough going out. Kept the heart rate well below 135 for the entire run, with an overall average of 131. Legs felt great--no soreness or anything. Stride felt smooth, even with the slower pace. Tough to believe I did MP runs the last two days. Good day.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

2 comments:

Patrick said...

You're a beast. I don't like it when people make specific time predictions (ahem, Letsrun, ahem), but I do think you are absolutely going to tear it up in two weeks.

Eric said...

Thanks, Patrick. I don't like predictions either--at least I don't like vocalizing them...obviously, I have goals.

I've been thinking about this the last couple of days. I guess everyone has their own way of dealing with the time issue. I've gotten to the point where I don't really care about the time so much as that the effort is peak, and the competitive instinct is absolutely primal. If that's the case, the time will be there at the end.

I think I'm going to tear it up as well. =)