Ni!

Monday, May 14, 2007

41:47 :: 6 miles

Easy run with 2x400 at around 5:20 pace. First 400 felt really good, second felt unbelieveable, so I stopped doing them. The goal of the up tempo running is to overcome the 'flat' feeling on the second recovery day so that it doesn't affect the workout on the third day. I wasn't flat at all, so it made sense to stop the 400s.

Bundled up with an extra layer today. Made things a bit warmer, but not bad. Noticed last week that my weight following the 20 miler was 138.8, which is going to be very close to my 'dehydrated' weight. Today, well hydrated before the run, I was at 143.6, and after, 141.6. Race weight will be 143-144.

Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

3 comments:

Mike said...

Speaking of weight, are you doing a short carb-depletion thing or any loading to speak of?

You do sound ready, just ignore the yardwork and stay off ladders at this point. You are there.

Eric said...

Over the past week, I have been eating a lot of protein, and cutting back on the carbs, although not cutting them out completely. From here to the race, I'll reverse that and take in quite a lot of carbs as well as hydrating well and satisfying any cravings for salt.

I should be able to tell if the loading is working by my weight over the next few days. Glycogen storage implies water storage, so basically if I gain weight over and above what I take in, I know I'm storing carbs and water.

Cindy can tell you, I ignore yardwork anyway, so no worries. =)

Thomas said...

Mike forgot to mention, don't carry any heavy television sets.