Ni!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

5:00 :: .75 miles

I'm having some problems, very schizophrenic problems. I'm having some on again/off again pain from my big toe, through my ankle, and high up into my calf. It's been with me for some time since the 10K, and has really been bothering me since the 400s (last post). For example, the pain was the worst it has been on Saturday, then completely gone on Sunday, then moderate yesterday, and bad again today.

I've tried all kinds of different strategies--icing, taping, supportive shoes, bare feet, soft surfaces, strength exercises, running through it, time off...nothing seems to get me down the path consistently.

At this point, I've decided to try my old standby, pool running. A week or so of pool running has always cured my ailments, as well as given me a new appreciation of what boredom *really* is.

To the pool...

2 comments:

Sky said...

That's a bummer, man. Sorry to hear it. Although, it looks like today you're schizophrenically due for a pain free day today so you might want to think about that 20 miler. Just sayin' is all. Enjoy the pool - that always seemed less frustrating with a blizzard outside than when injured. Ugh.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Have you tried support hose?

Sorry - didn't mean to make a joke out of your suffering. Well, actually I did.

I feel your frustration, and to add the boredom factor, well, you don't deserve this. But who does? Ok, don't answer that.

Anyway, hope the pool running works its magic for you again.