Ni!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

1:20:00 :: 12.7 miles

MP-10 run. Went really well. Weather was pretty good, about 55F, and not much wind. Felt good through four miles, then mile five was a bit harder, feeling the legs a bit, and mile six and seven felt better, but much like the last couple of miles of a fast finish longer run.

Ran with the Ninja Marshmallow Running Club, three miles to warm up in 21-ish, then seven (alone...no takers at 7:30am. And you guys call yourselves ninjas!) at MP-10 pace (~5:35 right now according to the Mystery Coach), followed by a 2.7 mile cooldown at of about 14 minutes. Here's the breakdown...

5:32(159) | 5:32(162) | 5:29(164) | 5:34(164)
5:32(166) | 5:33(166) | 5:31(166)
Recovered to 130HR-:45 120HR-1:05 110HR-2:17!

Good run. Heading up to Winnipeg later this afternoon to watch a couple of friends in the Manitoba Marathon, either of whom have a good shot at the win. Very exciting!

6 comments:

Ewen said...

55F here and windy. Very little snow in the mountains, so not much of a ski season.

I hope your friends do well, but not well enough to warrant a "X wins and thrashes Kenyans" headline ;)

RICK'S RUNNING said...

HI ERIC,
A 2.7 mile warm down in 14 mins? NOW thats what I call SMOKIN!!!
OHIO RUNNERS PACE CHART;
1 Miles - 0:05:11.11
2 Miles - 0:10:22.22
2.7 miles =14 mins
from now on you should be known as
ERIC THE AWESOME!

Greg said...

Hi Eric,

Nice run for you. I was up running in Winnipeg on Sunday. It was PERFECT weather. And I'm so proud of my colleague John for taking the top spot.

I wanted to thank you for posting on my blog last month after the Fargo Marathon. Kudos to you for winning. I had a fantastic race in Winnipeg and smashed my Fargo time by more than 20 minutes. Now I remember why I run!

Michael said...

Nice w/o but what is with the 2:17, other than perhaps your next goal?

Eric said...

Messed up a little bit on the cooldown time. Should have been closer to 18-19 minutes. Oops. 2.7 miles in 14 minutes would have made a nice 5K if I had kept going! haha

Greg, fantastic run in Winnipeg! It was a bit cold for watching, but perfect for running, and you definitely made the most of it. A huge PR for you! You should be very proud. That sub-4:00 is just on the horizon!

The 2:17 recovery to 110 might be the writing on the wall. I've been getting less sleep than I would like, and have been kind of sluggish on runs lately. I'm feeling better than last year at this point in recovery, but different. I don't know for sure if this feeling is related to the marathon. Time will tell.

Thanks for the comments!

Auralee said...

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the blog comment. This looks like an awesome training log that I could use a bit of advice from. Good luck in all your running! Hope to see you around.