Ni!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

2:26:00 :: 23.1 miles

Scratch all that crap about the bad run yesterday. Long run today was good beyond expectations. Weather could have been better (7F, 10mph wind--c'mon it's MARCH!), but at least it was sunny. Averaged 145 HR for the first 13, then HR gradually crept up to ~150 until mile 21. The last two miles I went a bit faster because I wasn't tired at all yet, and I pretty much knew I was stopping at 23 miles, not wanting to chance overdoing it mechanically and having to take extra recovery.

Recovered to 130HR in :35, 120 in :48, and 110 in 1:06. Max HR of 155. It's Miller Time. Actually chocolate milk time. Question for Thomas...what do they say in Ireland that would be comparable to "It's Miller Time"? A wild guess says it has something to do with Guinness. Cheers!

4 comments:

Thomas said...

They actually run the Miller ads here as well, and according to them it's Miller Time.

In reality, there isn't a 1:1 equivalent, but if you came up with Guinness Time, I'd say everyone would get it immediately.

Eric said...

How sad is that? America exploits everything! I was hoping it was something like, "Táim stiugtha leis an ocras! Guinness, le do thoil." (I'm starving! Guinness, please.)

Thanks for the reply.

Ewen said...

"I feel like a Tooheys or two" down here. Although Tooheys isn't our best beer, it beats Miller and Guinness hands down ;)

Nice run Eric - amazing turnaround from Friday. Yes, March and it's still hot. A max of 95F yesterday - c'mon, give us some cooler weather!

Thomas said...

If it's any consolation, I hardly know anyone who drinks Miller around here. Sadly, some guys with a taste bud deficiency can be seen with a Bud from time to time, but Guinness wins the popularity stakes hands down. And it's good for you.

Ewen, you don't know what you're saying.

And btw, Eric, I'm surprised you haven't caught pneumonia yet considering the temperatures you have to put up with. I guess the humidity around here makes it worse for me, and it's more arid around your Arctic place.