Ni!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

1:42:00 :: 14 miles

Easy run on the treadmill. I guess it was a record-breaker today--minus 33F, about 4 degrees colder than the old record for today. Since January 1, there are four mornings that I know of that have been above 0F (that's 32 degrees colder than freezing). Even worse than that, there have been *zero* days since late December 2007 that have been above the freezing point (again, that is 32F)!

This is the worst winter I have experienced in my life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fourth day inside. I hate it so much. Hopefully a day above freezing in the next couple of weeks.

Mike said...

Man that is one god awful stretch! Any chance it's been warmer at the North Pole this year??

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Have you thought about moving to South Dakota?

Man, I am going crazy just thinking about 1:42 on the treadmill. I think I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney.

I feel for you. That is some awful weather you are dealing with.

Jamie Anderson said...

Wow, makes our winter here in Maine seem downright tropical. Just think how nice spring will feel when it finally rolls around. Not too much longer, hang in there. Great job at keeping the training going.

Ewen said...

Global warming is doing some strange things. Our winters are getting warmer! Not many days last year with a maximum colder than 10C. This summer has been milder though - not many days above 30C.