Ni!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

1:01:40 :: 10 miles (4x1mile)

Workout. Much better today. Getting a cold, so I've started up the Zicam (zinc) again. Weather this morning was 52F and raining with a 10mph east wind, which is nice because it's fairly easy to avoid on the loop outside my house.

5:08.2(159)-6:42(142)
5:06.3(166)-6:50(142)
5:03.5(167)-6:58(144)
4:58.2(169)-1:04 to 120HR

I felt pretty flat for the first two, so even though it was better than yesterday, things still weren't going 'good'. After the second rep, I thought I would be done at three, but somehow the fog lifted, and I felt really good on the third one. Still, I looked at what I had done over the past week, factored in getting sick, bad day yesterday, etc., and thought I should still cut it at three. The end of the mile jog had me feeling strong though, so I figured I'd give it a go, and it felt even better than the previous rep. No idea what happened, but it went well.

Ice bath and recovery drink, then a few easier days of running ahead. Hopefully I can stay ahead of this cold and stay on track.
Run Two | Weather | Supplemental | Nutrition | Sleep | Injury

3 comments:

Mike said...

Nice workout today. Seeing you get under 5 after pretty much giving up on running the last repeat shows some very good form. When is the next race?

Any of the goofy heart rate things return this time around?

Eric said...

Racing next weekend, somewhere around 10k, depending on how inaccurate the course is this year.

No HR problems today. 173 max on the last rep.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Nice finish to the workout - especially after nearly calling it at three.

You are a Honda of the running world.