Ni!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Victory !

What a day, what a race! I'll have a proper race report in the next day or so, but for now, i'm just relaxing, and trying to take it all in. Thanks so much for all the comments and your support throughout my preparation. I've had so many people tell me what a source of motivation this blog, and others like it, are for them, and I want to let my readers know that you are a huge source of motivation for me as well.

A very special thanks goes out to Mystery Coach, who, through his mysterious ways was actually able to coach the top TWO runners at yesterday's race! Brian Anderson told me at the awards ceremony that doing the back to backs mentioned in my blog finally made marathon training 'click' for him. Great job coach! Thanks again for everything you've done for me, and for sharing your advice and wisdom through the intertubes.

Time for breakfast and then heading home. Hope you all had a great weekend. I'll write again soon.

15 comments:

RICK'S RUNNING said...

AWESOME RESULT, YOU ARE A INSPIRATION TO US ALL! NICE JOB! CONGRATS

Andrew said...

Eric, that was just awesome.

Lawrence said...

Awesome! Love the photo in the paper! Congratulations!

Grellan said...

I'm speechless. What a victory - well done!!!

cheryl said...

Truly an athlete, in every sense of the word. you are the ultimate example of "if you want something bad enough." way to go!!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Eric, words just aren't enough. Well done.

You surpassed a hell of a lot more than a Kenyan for this win.

Rob said...

That is just really cool! Great job.

Evan Roberts said...

Congratulations, that's awesome. Enjoy the recovery!

Love2Run said...

Amazing, awesome, outstanding, incredible; can't wait for the report ;-)

by7 said...

CONGRATULATIONS !!! TERRIFIC.

I would have bet the house about you running in the 2h30' surroundings!! but the victory ahead of a Kenian is really incredible

Ewen said...

Ah... so that explains why The Forum was sold out all over Canberra.

Brilliant mate. Well deserved result for both you and Mystery Coach. And that headline!

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric,

It was nice to see you and your family again at the "dome". When I saw #1 drop out at the 1/2 way point I thought that you would finish top 3. After my finish, my wife told me that "Eric" had won and beat the Kenyans.... I was very happy for you.

Yes, you are a fast runner, but watching you with Cindy and your 2 kids in hand I think that "Dad" may be your best win.

I hope you come back to Fargo next year.

well done

Alan
WINTERpeg

Greg said...

Great job Eric. I love it when hard work and opportunity cross paths.

Chad said...

Congrats!!!

Stephen Lacey said...

Congratulations Eric. That is truly outstanding and obviously fully deserved. You were kind enough to drop me congratulatory note after one of my marathons, but my achievement was nothing compared to this. Enjoy.