Ni!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

7 miles :: Evaluation

Eval on the treadmill. Wanted to get a baseline on the treadmill, so no time like the present. Heat definitely makes a difference. I could tell that as I sweat more and got warmer, the pace to hold the 152HR stacked up pretty quickly. It will be interesting to see how this changes as (if?) I get more adapted to running indoors.

3 mile warmup @ 7:05 pace avg.
5:52(151) | 6:01(152) | 6:04(152) | 6:08(152)

Not real excited about the numbers, but it will be something to compare with treadmill evals in the future.

Over the past week, things have not been going well. Last Sunday, I got a pain around the front of my ankle six miles into a ten mile run. By the end of the run it was pretty sore, and it has taken a day off and a solid week of reduced mileage to get it under control. I was not able to manage more than 11 miles for a long run this week, which was disappointing. Hopefully, I will keep making progress and put whatever that problem is behind me over the next few days.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Well... that last mile isn't exciting.

Regarding the heat build-up - what about running with a fan on to lessen that problem?

Eric said...

I did have a fan on. It's about 68F and 30% humidity (dry) in the house, so it's not unexpected. That would be considered 'hot' for distance running outdoors.

Still, I should see improvement under similar conditions as I get more fit, and even more improvement if I adapt to the specific conditions (heat), as I progress through the training cycle.

Ewen said...

OK, at least indoors conditions will be pretty much the same for each evaluation.